Saturday 29 June 2013

Filey Surf Scoter 29th June 2013

Well it has been a while since I have been out birding , working Monday to Friday now at Countryside Products making Suet Trays for the birds . So with the weather being nice we decided on a trip up to Filey to see if we could get the Surf Scoter , reported on Birdguides .  When we got there we had a gorgeous young Sand Martin perched up on a gate , I was so chuffed I have never seen one so close and also Richard had his camera so I was back to my 300 lens , so it was excellent for it to be so close :)  Richard put his hand out to it and it just hopped onto it , was amazing to see  .  We took loads of photos then walked down the cliffs to the Brigg there were a few birders around and we spotted the Surf Scoter amongst some Common Scoter , it was a bit far out to get any decent shots but managed a couple of record shots .  It was a gorgeous day I just love the coast .  Another lifer for me thats 196 now  :)))))
Sand Martin











Record shot of the Surf Scoter


No comments:

Post a Comment